A very elegant house tour for you on this Friday

I haven't posted a house tour in awhile, which I always enjoy, and I hope you do as well. This is the DC town home of furniture designer and decorator Darryl Carter, whose motto is "less is more." As opposed to accumulating "stuff" as years go by, the contents of the home have been cut in half over the last several years.

I think this kitchen is great. It has a mix of clean modern lines, but with some cozy elements, like the antique Italian étagère and the wooden bar chairs.



I don't like scrubbing tubs, so one is enough for me, but I do like the 18th century secretary in the bathroom.


I can't wait to have my own huge wooden table full of character.



I am not a fan of zebra rugs, or cow rugs personally, but I do like the long bench, the antique Carlton House desk (so unusual!), and I love the shutters throughout the home.

From Elle Decor November 2009
You have read this article antique furniture / Darryl Carter / DC / etagere / house tour / modern decor / secretary / townhouse / white interiors with the title A very elegant house tour for you on this Friday. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2009/11/a-very-elegant-house-tour-for-you-on.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A very elegant house tour for you on this Friday"

Post a Comment