A fresh spin on one of the best decorating classics of all time

We had them when I was growing up, but being a child I rarely gave them a second thought. And when I was a teenager and not as into "home decorating" I equated them to stuffy victorian style interiors.  But now - oh now I love them.  Oriental rugs is what I'm talking about, and lately I've been seeing them used in ways that are definitely NOT stuffy and really plays out their beauty.  Just fyi - because I wasn't sure, I looked up what region a rug must come from for it to be considered "Oriental" -

Oriental rugs are organized by origin: Persian rugs, Arab rugs, Anatolian rugs, Kurdish rugs, Caucasian rugs, Central Asian rugs, Turkestanian rugs, Chinese rugs, Tibetan rugs and Indian rugs. via Wikipeia

via Lonny Mag

via Alice in Designland

via Design*Sponge

via Design*Sponge

You can see a small one here on the floor of Sheryl Crow's music room as seen in Architectural Digest

via Alice in Designland

An oriental rug used in the entryway
via House and Home

An oriental runner looks really pretty in a white hallway
via High Gloss

Gorgeous
via My Marrakesh


A worn but beautiful rug keeps this modern loft from being cold
via Loft Life

Do you like these rugs?

If you do, you will be excited as me by this sale. All the rugs below are only $399 and range from about 4'x 8' (some wider, some taller). They are from Momeni and are hand-knotted and one of a kind.  They have some large, but pricier ones as well.  They are selling out really, really fast though.

You can get them at Ideeli by clicking here - www.ideeli.com/invite/decorology
(it's quick and free to sign up)







I got the one above!  My boyfriend and I are getting our first place together around DC in August and I can't wait to give it a home!


I want them all!

Get them at Ideeli by clicking here - www.ideeli.com/invite/decorology
(it's quick and free to sign up)
You have read this article antique carpets / hand-knotted rug / loft / mid-century modern / oriental rug / persian rug / rugs / shabby chic / white interior with the title A fresh spin on one of the best decorating classics of all time. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2011/05/a-fresh-spin-on-one-of-best-decorating.html. Thanks!

No comment for "A fresh spin on one of the best decorating classics of all time"

Post a Comment