A Space of My Own: Inspirational Ideas for Home Offices, Craft Rooms, and Studies

I wanted to share with you today a handful of my favorite images from a book I was recently sent to review, "A Space of My Own." The book is by Caroline Clifton-Mogg, and is a great read for anyone who is thinking of setting up a home office, or who needs to overhaul the one they have now.

Here's the book description: "For some of us it's a small desk in the corner of a kitchen or living room, for others it's a self contained home office, but we all need a space we can call our own - where we can catch up on emails, tackle household admin or enjoy some crafting. In A Space of My Own, Caroline Clifton-Mogg shows you how to make the most of your personal work space. Part 1, explores The Elements that make up a successful work area: from choosing the right Furniture and Lighting, to attractive Storage and Decoration to create an environment that truly brings out the creativity in you. Part 2 is about The Spaces as a whole, showing examples of Home Offices, Shared Work Spaces, Sewing & Craft Rooms and Space for Children & Teens. Featuring innovative case studies, it provides ideas and inspiration which can be easily translated into your own home. Because personal work space should be both practical and inspiring, and, quite simply, the more it is designed around your needs and tastes, the more inspired you will be."

The style of home offices featured in this book vary greatly, from vintage country to sleek modern. So, there is eye candy for everyone.


One of my favorite spaces in the book - I love the table in the middle of the room - great for working on large projects that can be accessed from all sides, and I LOVE the large industrial light on the makeshift pulley system.

A cute little space for note-taking, bill paying, and keeping up with correspondences.

The natural light from the french windows makes for a great work environment.


I might get too distracted is I had a view as pretty as this one right in front of me!



If your work requires a lot of keeping archive of materials or files, get all of your storage in the same color and style to keep things visually tidy.

Love the glass cabinets!


If you work from home a lot, or want inspiration for a home office or craft room, definitely check out "A Space of My Own"
You have read this article archiving / book review / craft room / home office / home office storage / sewing room / white interiors / work space with the title A Space of My Own: Inspirational Ideas for Home Offices, Craft Rooms, and Studies. You can bookmark this page URL http://bellashabby.blogspot.com/2012/02/a-space-of-my-own-inspirational-ideas.html. Thanks!

1 comment for "A Space of My Own: Inspirational Ideas for Home Offices, Craft Rooms, and Studies"

  1. Discover how 1,000's of people like YOU are making a LIVING online and are living their dreams right NOW.

    Get daily ideas and methods for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.

    GET FREE ACCESS TODAY

    ReplyDelete